Sunday, May 20, 2018

Review:



I know I don't do reviews too often anymore. I want to be sure that a product that I'm going to review is something that fits with my blog and with our family's lifestyle, which is why I am doing a review for Dr. Jacobs castile soaps.

Castile soap is very mild and works well with most skin types. I have to admit that I do wash my face with bar soap in the morning which I am sure many dermatologists would gasp at. But along with that confession I have to also add that I use a Castile soap which is different than using traditional soap.


 For the purpose of the review I tried out the almond honey liquid Castile soap right right away at home and I absolutely adore the scent. And it left my skin feeling so clean. I do intend to bring this soap because it has a pump bottle up to our cabin to use in the bathroom. There we don't leave out any bar soap which could attract unwanted visitors.

Some things I wanted to tell you about Dr. Jacobs Naturals Castile soap is that it contains no parabens, no petrochemicals, no sulfates, no phthalates (what kind of word is that with 4 consonants in a row), no gluten, is 100% vegan and is made in the USA.


The scent base gave me to try out in the bar soap is minty cucumber mojito. The scent is refreshing. I really like using bar soaps. There is something ritualistic about lathering up the bar and your body.



Last week they sent me a large bottle of charcoal liquid soap that would be great for putting in your own pop bottles that you need to refill. I have been seeing a lot more beauty products made with charcoal as of late. It seems to be a new Beauty Trend because the charcoal is supposed to be detoxifying and purifying. The label reads that it is a three-in-one product that cleanses, softens, and sense. The scent is definitely more musky than the other two. There are directions on the bottle of how to use it as a body wash, shampoo, and shaving lather. 

No comments: