Thursday, March 26, 2015

DIY Peep Hair Ties


I can't wait to give these to my daughter to wear them. She has already seen them since I was working on them in front of her, but I am not letting her wear them until closer to Easter. It took me about an hour to make both of these and both of the Peep finger puppets (in the other post from today).

I hand drew using chalk, on the felt, the outline of the peep and cut out 2 pieces of each color. You could use just one piece, but if you stitch 2 pieces together they keep their shape better.

On the top piece, I used black DMC floss and stitched on the face of the peeps. Then on the back piece, I attached the coordinating hair tie. Finally I stitched the 2 pieces together by doing a quick whip stitch.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say I'm not a big fan of eating peeps but these are so cute!! They would look adorable in my daughter's hair!

Yona Williams said...

As a huge fan of Peeps, this craft is incredibly cute. My best friend is not...I should make and send these to her lil' girls...lol.

Sandra jensen said...

This looks easy even to a non crafty person like me!