Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Try It Tuesday: Geometric Painting


I am a crafty person, but not an "artist". Sure, I like my Wine Paint Pubs but the way I figure if those turn out completely awful I can blame it on the wine. But this painting is more crafty in nature and was a fun weekend night project for my daughter and myself.


To start out, just place strips of tapes in any desired form on a stretched canvas and start painting away using acrylic paints. Allow paint to dry before removing the tape. Remove the tape carefully. Final step we did was to trace the edges with metallic permanent marker. By tracing the edges you cover up any spots where the paint leaked under the tape and give it a finished look.


This one was my daughter's. I wasn't sure about her choices, but she is 7 and knows what she likes and not afraid of bright colors and mixing colors. I had to admit I wish this one was mine. I thought the color choices turned out brilliant.


Mine is more subdued. When did I become so afraid of bright colors. I have been adding them back in with my workout clothes but I do like them and am trying to bring them back in to my life more.

9 comments:

Holly @ Woman Tribune said...

That is awesome! Your grey, purple, and blue painting is so pretty! Love this craft.

mystylespot said...

This is such a cool idea! i love geometric art!

Unknown said...

This is very artistic, easy to do for making a masterpiece.

Mommy Pehpot said...

yay! This artworks sounds super easy! I love how your piece turned out :)

MikiHope said...

I have always liked looking at geometric shapes especially with bright colors. This does not seem too difficult-maybe even "the Klutz" (aka me) could do it!

Unknown said...

This would be a great project for the kids. I can see each of them designing their own and then hanging them as a collage in the house. I liked the differences between you guys, the muted colors vrs the brighter bolder ones.

Rh0ze said...

Wow, what a cool and nice ideas...
The paint is so cute...

Xoxo,
My Online World
http://broken-promises.info

Lexie Lane said...

Wow! This is so much fun! Love how it turned out!

Julie said...

THose look great! It's something I think I could do!